Monday, January 19, 2009

Cans for dinner?

My whole goal in life is to make meals that are super easy and simple, but at the same time satisify my hunger. This morning I had a few extra minutes to spare before going to work. I knew later on this evening it would be hectic trying to get dinner around. So I made some super yummy and delicious dinner with leftovers to spare!

My recipe:
1 can of canned chicken
1 can of corn (low sodium)
1 can of sauerkraut
1 can of seasoned butter beans

I mixed all the cans together in a huge bowl and added spicy to the whole mix. I am in love with crushed red peppers and Cajun seasoning. When I got home this evening I popped this bad boy in the microwave for about 10 minutes and got 5 servings for around 192 calories. These were about 1.25 cups of goodness. I have made this recipe before with 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup before. Also changed up the type of beans and or veggie can. I decided just to serve this with meal with buttered toasted (of course it was spray butter). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment