Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hofbraeuhaus

My trip to Germany is going to allow me to make a stop at the Hofbraeuhaus in Munich. I have been there once before and drank about 4-5 L of Hofbrau Original Beer and devoured a crackling pork knuckle with potato dumplings with homemade bacon cabbage salad. Now I have to admit the food was freakin' amazing!!! However, this food choice by all means wasn't healthy for me. I have been spanning the menu for the Hofbraeuhaus so when I attend I can choose something a little bit more healthy. I have read many articles that say if you make your food decision prior to attending restaurant you are more than likely to make better choices. Here is some possible choices...


1. Salad - I would have a choice of either turkey salad (turkey, raw veggies, fresh mushrooms) or a salad with "suckling pork chops"
2. Bavarian onion soup

3. 2 grilled sausages, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes (may not be the healthiest option but I could share one sausage with my hubby).

Many of the meals there are very big!! I ate a beer garden for lunch earlier that day before attending the Hofbraeuhaus and split a pretzel. Now this pretzel was huge!!

All and all....will I choose something healthy while here?? Probably not...I am in Munich...how many people can say they will be there ever? I am lucky enough to attend this place for a possible 2nd time in less than a year. I am going to enjoy the food, beer, and the culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment