Wednesday, February 25, 2009

German breakfast and culture

I have had the pleasure of experiencing a German breakfast buffet at my hotel. It has been of interest since it has been different every day. It has also been different from the breakfast we had before while in Germany last summer. For example they have the typical breakfast food of eggs (hard boiled or scrambled), bacon, cereal, bread, pastries, etc. Then there is some food of interested like veggie platters, meat platter, cheese platters, stuffed mushrooms, chicken wings, tuna salad, egg salad, etc. I have been basically working out in the morning (p90x) and then eating my breakfast/lunch meal. In the afternoon I will work out again and eating small snacks (apples, lunchmeat, etc) until dinner time. Dinner time has been an adventure because I have limited cooking space. I have a mini microwave, fridge, freezer, and a pot that can boil water. I had the luxury of going to the commissary on base to buy some canned goods. My hubby and I decided to eat in during the week to save some money and go out on the weekends to enjoy the culture and other countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment